Gilbert H Hood Middle School
Principal: Kim Carpentino
Assistant Principal: Brad Trottier
Assistant Principal: Jolene McWhirter
School Nurse: Laurie Fleming
Enrollment: 620 Students
Grades: 6, 7, 8
School Colors: Blue & Gold
School Mascot: Husky
School Hours: 7:15am - 1:50pm
Office Hours: 6:30am - 4:00pm
Gilbert H. Hood Middle School Guide
A Great Place to Learn and Work
Gilbert H. Hood Middle School, in partnership with students, families, and the community, provides a challenging and enriching academic program in a safe and supportive learning environment, to meet the unique needs of early adolescents, so they will reach or exceed all of our middle school learning expectations, and become responsible and productive members of the community.
- Gilbert H. Hood Middle School strives to become a community where:
- LEARNING is paramount
- Success is measured by RESULTS
- Purposeful COLLABORATION shapes decisions
- Positive RELATIONSHIPS demonstrate our commitment to all learners
- We will clearly identify and communicate what students need to know and be able to do for mastery.
- We will provide safe, engaging, and inviting classrooms with clear academic and behavioral expectations.
- We will monitor the learning of individual students and respond when students do not reach mastery.
- We will evaluate the success of instruction, interventions, and initiatives on the basis of measurable outcomes.
- We will communicate clearly, appropriately, and in a timely manner with students, parents, and staff members.
- We will collaborate with one another and our students so that we can achieve our collective goals more effectively.
- We will promote an environment that values the intellectual, emotional, social, and physical development of early adolescents.
- We will model the characteristics and qualities we hope to develop in students.